Wednesday, September 7, 2016

More of My Favorite Books - The Amoveo Series by Sara Humphreys




    “The Amoveo are an ancient race who've lived secretly among humans for thousands of years. They are beautiful and incredibly strong but their race is extremely fragile--each has until the age of 30 to find their soul mate, before their bodies start to die a slow, painful death.” Goodreads
    The Amoveo race is also a race of shape shifters.  Some shape shift into birds and others shift into various animals.  Each novel in the series presents one of the shape shifters in his quest to find his soul mate while staying one step ahead of a family of humans sworn to wipe out their whole race.
    Although I am not generally a fan of shifter, vampire, or werewolf romances, I found this series fascinating with likeable, believable characters.  They seemed to have all the elements of what I call a good story.   In addition to a good romance, they had an interesting concept of a shape shifter society and the fight between good and evil.
    This series was another case where as soon as I finished one book, I immediately wanted another.  “The third book in the series, UNTAMED, won two PRISM awards--Dark Paranormal and Best of the Best. The first two novels from her Dead in the City series have been nominated for the National Readers’ Choice Award.” Goodreads
    I won’t review the plots of each volume in detail because I believe a big part of enjoying a new book is discovering the characters and how they changed and grow throughout the story because of or even in spite of what may happen to them in the story.
    In reading this series I discovered it was well worth going outside my normal reading preferences for a different kind of adventure.  Ms. Humpreys writes a variety of romantic novels including contemporary romance.  After reading her Amoveo Series, I am definitely going to give some of them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment