Thursday, September 28, 2017

Self Publishing Blues

It's always a disappointment when someone gives your precious work a negative review. It's even worse when it's deserved. My most recent mishap was with my "Oltarin" novel.  The reviewer panned my novel due to grammar errors.

So I went back and checked the file. Groan! The reviewer was right. I wrote parts of the book with voice recognition software. So there were enough errors to be annoying. The person didn't even comment on the story.  Had they contacted me instead, I would have corrected it for them and republished. I have corrected and republished, but that is no guarantee I got them all.


I am a decent proof reader, but of other people's work. My own is another story. But I'm in this alone, so I got a Grammarly software subscription to help. (If you don't buy a subscription you can only proof short works for free.)

However, I got the subscription after I published Oltarin. Some readers are probably wondering why I don't hire a proof reader. I would love to have one, but the price is out of my reach. Some years writing barely pays for itself. For many years it didn't pay at all. So I do the best I can by myself.



If you read one of my books and find errors, contact me with the locations of those errors, I will see that you get a corrected eBook Plus my next eBook FREE .

Christine Myers

Contact Me

No comments:

Post a Comment